iOS: Mobile Applications
iOS: Mobile Applications
About This Course
iOS App Development Basics, the second course in the iOS App Development with Swift specialization, expands your programming skills and applies them to authentic app development projects. The topics covered in this course include Xcode basics, Core iOS and Cocoa Touch frameworks, Simple User Interface creation, MVC Architecture and much more.
With a focus on using Apple’s components to access sensors like camera, microphone and GPS, by the end of this course, you will be able to create a basic App according to specified parameters and guidelines. Currently this course is taught using Swift 2. The team is aware of the release of Swift 3 and will be making edits to the course in time. Please be aware that at this time the instruction is entirely with Swift 2.
Learn iOS 9 development by building real apps today! Everything you need to know to get started in App development is right here at your fingertips. No need to spend hours combing through YouTube or Stack Overflow looking for just the right information or bits of code to help you make apps. This course has compiled all the information that can get you started on becoming an app developer today. From the first steps of downloading XCode to the culmination of putting your awesome apps up on the App Store, each section focuses on a different app and will teach the concepts needed for that app in that section. No long boring lectures of concepts video after video without making an app. This course gets you to jump in right away and build your first app within minutes.
iOS is a mobile operating system for Apple-manufactured devices. iOS runs on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple TV. iOS is best known for serving as the underlying software that allows iPhone users to interact with their phones using gestures such as swiping, tapping and, pinching.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to use TableViews
- Create apps with Multiple PickerView Components
- Work with Images in apps
- Select random numbers
- Create custom classes
- Understand how to write functions
- Decide when to use Variable and when to use Constants
- How to use Arrays and Dictionaries
- Edit rows in a TableView
- Pass data between multiple Views
- Have an understanding of programming foundations such as if/else statements, switchstatements, arrays, variables and constants
- Use the devices camera and photo library
- Understand AVFoundation and AVAudioPlayer to play music
- Learn MapKit and CoreLocation to find a location and drop a pin
- Learn to Persist Data with NSUseDefaults and CoreData
- Submit Apps to the App Store with iTunes Connect